Saturday 12 October 2013

What Really Matters..

Since childhood we're hammered over one thing. Prioritize. Prioritize. Prioritize.
Studies first, TV later.
Finish your food first, go and play later.
Say sorry first, then you can have your toy back.
Everything has been so conveniently categorized into first and second for us.

But today, standing at the threshold of adulthood, everything looks so hazy. We've gone past lunchboxes and homework and Cartoon Network. Okay not Cartoon Network, but the rest. Prioritizing still stands to be our, well, priority, but how? How do I know what's going to make me land on my face and what's not? How do I know what'll make me cry out of happiness and what won't? See that's the downside of growing up. Taking your own decisions and with it, the risk of taking the wrong ones too. 
So girls, boyfriend or friends? I can hear so many echoing in my head, saying "Of course my boyfriend. My friends are just as important but boyfriend boyfriend hota hai."  One out of thousands may have struck Mr. Perfect but most don't. Diplomacy. No wait, sheer stupidity.
Making one guy your priority over a handful of those who probably know you more than your Prince Charming does is nothing but that.
Snap out of Fairyland land, honey. He isn't going to come trotting on a horse every time you're in trouble. Heck he wont even know about it half the time. But they will. Those that he got chosen over more than just once. Those, who mean it when they say Friends 'Forever'. 
I've learned my lessons, lived them too.
Last year I fainted at the Railway platform with just one friend by my side. When the others got news of it, they, as they say "ran a marathon" and came to fetch me. That, to me, matters.
I got told off for something in the library and a friend of mine fought for me. That, matters.
Today, post the incident. Keepers.
I got sick in Lavasa and got hospitalized. Everyone stood with me, throughout. That matters.
Just today, a waiter stepped out of line while waiting our table. That friend of mine stood up for me, told him off in a not so decent manner and sent him off. It reduced me to tears to know that I have friends like these looking out for me. And when I cried, they all knew why I'd really cried. Cause they've actually listened even when I was droning. That matters.

So it's time you reconsider your priorities girls and hold close to you all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment