Thursday 3 April 2014

Bros Before Hoes?



"It never really is bros before hoes. The girl always comes first. It only depends on how important the girl is to a guy."
 These words, from someone who preaches bromance put me in a predicament.
Everywhere I see men flaunting these words like it's cool to put your 'bros' before your girlfriend, who is sadly referred to as the 'hoe'. This statement, however casual it was intended to be, restored my faith in men.

Everyone loves their friends. I for one, put mine on top notch priority. But there's a reason why you pick someone out of those and put that one person on a pedestal. There's a reason the one person is more special to you. You decide to give your heart and it all to that one person because he means a little more than the others. This whole concept of "bromance" has tainted with relationships as a whole.
Love and friendship, as much as they have equal weightage, they're two different realities. Not alternate, just different. You can't pick one over the other.
Claiming that my friends are more important to me than my boyfriend is, is like saying water is more important to me than oxygen. Truth is, you can't live without either and there's is no potential comparison!

I'm genuinely sick of being told how 'bros' are more faithful and dependable and other categorical nonsense. You can't live without either, and not-so-deep-down you know it too. You can turn to either in times of crisis and you know you'll get seamless support; that's why you pick them out of the ghastly population of the world.

If you sashay the words "Bros before Hoes" in front of me, I've almost immediately judged you. To me, you are either of the following-
1. Not as much in love with your girlfriend as you claim.
 (Why else would you, in your most imbalanced of states call her a hoe?)

2. A 'Kewl Dude'. 
I know a lot of people who throw around words that sound important to look cool. Ouch to you.

3. An idiot.
Who in their right mind would choose beer-lugging, sweat-smelling, pizza-gobbling, showering-once-a-month fellows over a tidy, sexy girl who smells of roses and raspberries and does wonders in the kitchen (as well)? Face it, you're an idiot.


That's as precise as it gets.
There's no categorizing people that mean the world to you. You either love them or you 
don't. Then it doesn't matter who's the bro and who's the girlfriend. Yes, I called her the girlfriend, not the hoe. About time you did too. Unless you want your bedroom smelling of old socks, sweat, leftovers of pizza and stale beer for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment