Saturday 19 October 2013

Nude Souls

"Honey if you're going to be two faced, at least make one of them pretty." - Marilyn Monroe.

Most people I've met have had two personalities. One for themselves and one for the world. So much for Sigmund Freud's painstakingly written theories. It's probably not intentional, just a habit that can be conveniently passed off for a human trait.
So what is it that makes people adopt two strikingly different personalities and portray two different images? I'm no Freud or Bernays, but I have a theory of my own.
I believe that people wear masks to hide their real selves. Be it insecurity, a superiority complex or just plain desire to be someone else. 
Why? That remains unanswered.
There's beauty in simplicity.

At the end of the day, people that love you for what you pretend to be are never going to accept who you really are. Those that have seen the worst of you won't really care. 
Cliche`. I know. But these become cliche`s for a reason, as simple as one that they've always stood true.
To put yourself out there is a task so difficult that people find a way around it. It's time we stop playing hide and seek with ourselves. It's time we stop running in circles and come face to face with our real selves.
How difficult can it be, stripping yourself of everything that's not you?
Accepting yourself is the first step to finding yourself. The day you're happy with your own self, you wont find the need to impersonate someone else.

Beauty is within you. And no, that's not just a statement that sounds pretty and is thrown around in novels to give them depth. That's the raw truth.

"Look inside of you, what do you see?
An unmasked personality, a raw clarity..
You fail to recognize her, you have no clue. 
But that's her, that's the real you."
I wrote these lines the day I met myself. For real.
I've been true to myself ever since. My opinions may clash with yours, but they'll still be mine.

With every mask you shed, you go one step closer to finding yourself.
Happiness is directly proportional to the nudity of your soul. Strip the weight off before you sink beyond recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment