Thursday 3 October 2013

Inception

The break of dawn wipes away the darkness,
Fades out all the stars, one by one.
The sky turns a liquid golden,
As the sun shines with an air of dominance.

Stifling a yawn I force my eyes open,
All happiness drains out as my dream is broken,
My smile has turned upside down,
What remains of it is a morbid frown..

Closing my eyes, I watch you go,
That bubbly laughter, that meaningless ego.
I see you walk away with the same air of pride,
That like most other things, you never cared to hide..

A tear trickles down my face,
Brings back memories from all those days,
From midnight fights to your hollow race,
To get the best looking girl and show off your embrace.

Everyday is another bad dream,
Every hour is a fresh stream of tears,
Every minute is a decade without you,
Every second, a bundle of new fears..

I stare out of that window,
Will you ever come back?
Isn't it time already? Or is it too late?
It's been quite a while now, I've really lost track.

Reality seeps in like a bitter medicine,
I know you're gone and gone for good.
One day I will forgive and forget,
I know I will cause I know I should.

The shatter of dreams, wipes away the hopes,
Fades out all my illusions, one by one..
The sky is now a bitter gray,
My world crashes as I give up on the comfort of inception.

No comments:

Post a Comment