Thursday 22 May 2014

Modified India!



Anywhere and everywhere my head could turn and as far as my poor vision behind expensive spectacles would allow, I've seen nothing more than campaigns and billboards with magnified faces and visibly yellow teeth among other things.
Anyone who didn't know about the upcoming elections was living in a world of his own, in a far away place, with no human contact and dysfunctional lungs. Yes, I mean dead.
Being a media student myself, the PR strategies the parties used this time were gold. Gold, I say.
You probably hadn't heard of Narendra Modi before, but he went all out to make sure you did, now.
Although the jokes made on the campaigns knew no limits, they were being cemented into the minds of people without their knowledge.
'Ab ki baar Modi Sarkaar', 'Janta maaf nahi karegi', 'Acche din aane waale hai' were more or less linked to Bollywood, cricket and school-college jokes. Yes, the greatest chunk of India's fields of interests were covered right here.
P.C-www.indiatimes.com
Was it his efficiency and his promising candidature or was it simply the near-damn-perfect campaigns or a blend of both or neither, is debatable and I'm no Arnab Goswami so I'll leave that alone.
But as a citizen of India who cast her first vote this time (and didn't put up a picture of an inked finger), I think putting my trust in the Modi sarkaar was a refreshing move if not the smartest. How far his lead takes us and how many mountains of success he scales is a conclusion we can draw over a matter of time. 

Politics never drew my interests as such, till everything around me was about politics and the ease with which every discussion found itself maneuvered here. I've always been politically correct and probably will be till the end of time. But even a diplomatic person like me who lazily resorts to 'No Comments' in a political debate acknowledges the stir the Modi Wave has created in the country.
Be it his emotionally moving speeches or his accomplishments in his hometown, Gujarat.

P.C- quickmeme.com
The elegance with which he soared above the allegations of corruption and the echoes of his failed marriage deserves an applause from anyone who has the sense of appreciation.
From a Chai wala to the PM of India, this man sure did come a long way. Bowing down before the Parliament before stepping inside and crediting his party for backing him up can be rumored to be as staged as they want, but the Indian in me senses some top level truthfulness in the man's mannerisms and his agendas for the country.

We gave you our votes, Mr. Modi. And we've invested in you our hopes. Do justice.
Here's to Change. A transformation. A new India, A Modi-fied India.


P.S.- The views expressed in the above post are mine and I don't endorse any party and neither does anyone pay me for this ( sad, yes.) I respect all other parties and individuals in India equally and am not open for any kind of debate about the highs and lows of any individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment