Friday 30 May 2014

Khan Diaries.

Salman v/s SRK. Yes, you've done this too.
I've actively participated in this debate as much as I have in the India-Pak debates. Why? When have we ever stopped to ask ourselves that question anyway?
Few months ago, a similar debate was in progress, it was about who does more charity I suppose. Yes, we're horribly nosy people with no lives of our own.
That's when I took a moment to stop and think, why.
How much of that money is either of them going to donate to me for rooting for them?
What movie will they cast me in if I win the debate for them?
More importantly, why do I have to pick just one?
I stand to believe that Shah Rukh is the King of Romance and there's no defying that. I drew my idea of a perfect man from his movies and he set the benchmark for love in my life. Probably why I'm still single. Never mind that.
Yet, I have immense respect for Salman Khan's sensitivity for social issues, his foundation: Being Human. I love his innocence, his nonchalance towards the forces that bring him down and his painfully unreal movies which make me question my sanity, yet I believe it when he evades a drum of RDX with a mere swing of an arm.

Yes, I said it. I love them both. Sue me.

Indians are as obsessed with Salman-SRK make ups and breakups as much as St.Xavier's College was about Rahul and Anjali (Refer: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai)

Be it a movie promotion or an IPL match or a charity function, they're both constantly questioned about the status of their relationship.
Give them space? No way man. They're Bollywood celebs. They owe us this information.

Why is it that if I'm sporting a Being Human T-shirt, you assume that I've never watched DDLJ and that I hate Shah Rukh?
I love Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham as much as I love Hum Aapke Hai Kaun.

Living in the constant hope that mere Karan Arjun aaenge, 
Yours truly.
PC: bollywoodlife.com
Why was this such a big deal anyway, they're two normal people that decided to greet each other with a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment