Friday 25 April 2014

Growing Up.

A little more than a year ago when I started this blog, I was young (still am), eccentric and highly emotional (again, still am).  I distinctly remember fusing my personal life and public, inevitably making a laughing stock out of myself.
It took twelve months, harsh words and heartfelt advice for me to mature over the content I so published.
I’m one of those people who can have a better emotional conversation with a wall than anything else that breathes. I’ve always written down my heart wrecks and overwhelmed moments for as long as I can remember. So when I took to this blog, I continued to do the same, unaware of the responsibility I had donned when I took to social media.

Needless to say I started off attracting more negative criticism than positive and the whole thing was a big blob of uncooked pasta.
Getting a URL with my name didn’t empower me to take on issues in public, was a lesson I learnt over time. Although I believed every word I wrote, gripped with insecurity and desperately hunting that safety blanket, I dumped my all my eggs in one basket, and the wrong one at that.
So once I gave myself an intervention and here I am, gathering the courage to issue a public apology to everyone I indirectly cross webbed.
When I look back today, I cringe. I cringe with all my heart and soul. No matter how much I resented certain people back then, I didn’t quite realize that I was thwarting my own self while taking a jab at them.
Some, I still feel the same about. Others I’ve forgiven. And most, I’m at peace with. So why leave lasting imprints of an emotion that’s only going to last in the passing?


Anyone who’s been insulted or even remotely affected by anything I published so far, a sincere apology.
Everyone who told me to grow up, doesn’t matter which way, a heartfelt thank you for setting off that ‘Grow Up’ alarm inside of me.
And to my readers who forgave my immaturity, I express earnest gratitude for believing that I was more than that.
It only seemed right to address this mistake on the same platform that I made it.
I sign off with a lighter heart and a clearer conscience.


It’s a good thing after all, growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment