Thursday 10 April 2014

Shut up and say Thank You.




That’s a beautiful dress you have on!”
“Oh this? This is like really old. I couldn’t find anything else today.”

“You look stunning!”
“No ya. I’ve put on so much weight.”

“Where’d you get this bag? It’s so pretty!”
“An aunt gifted it to me. I’m so embarrassed lugging it around. But my bag tore yesterday so I had no option.”

Been there, said that? Stay away from me.

Been there heard that and felt an irresistible urge to say “Oh good, it looked ugly anyway.”? Come here, soul sister.

There’s something about turning down a compliment that irritates me to no extent.
Yes your bag is probably really tacky but I gave you a compliment. There’s a standard response for that: “Thank you.” Heard of it? I’m sure not.

If I tell you something is nice, it’s just nice. Deal with it.
Don’t give me the biography of it or the origins and a sentimental story of its Alma matter. To me, it doesn’t matter.
The next time someone gives you a compliment, take it. Don’t be a prick in the you-know-where.

Oh you like my blog? Well thank you!
See, not so hard, now is it?


4 comments: