Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year Resolutions.

Don't laugh, I'm actually going to make resolutions and live up to them.

1. Slap a woman on the train.
Too many women have left their heel marks on my feet or elbowed me in the face and gotten away with it. It's payback time! I swear to the smelly armpits and screaming salesmen, I will slap someone on a train.

2. Stop Swearing.
"If you continue to swear like that, nobody will ever marry you." My mother's ghastly response to me having said "Bloody Hell" has scarred me for life. I swear like a man, probably worse than one. I wonder if one will ever marry me. No chances taken, I must stop swearing.

3. Buy more clothes.
I've got to stop saying "I've got nothing to wear" every time I'm stepping out. New. Clothes. Needed.

4. Figure out why my phone dies ever so often.
I'm no engineer, but I'm crucially interested in knowing the math behind scaling to 66% from a 100% in a couple of minutes when it comes to my phone battery.

5. Write a decent Blog post.
When I look back and read all my blog posts, I feel like a child who was gifted a pen on his birthday and took the words "Write whatever you want" ever so seriously.

6. Lose weight.
This one is a permanent. It's been on all my resolution lists since I started writing them. Nevertheless, tradition is important. So I must lose weight.

7. Get a boyfriend.
No, seriously. Being single for so long almost makes me doubt my charisma. I'm pretty. And self deluded. Anywhichway, get a decent boyfriend who ain't got no swag. 

8. Become a doctor.
No, not literally. It's more of a "give them a taste of their own medicine.", but I'm smart, cool, innovative and umm self deluded. Either way, I hereby swear that I will tell everyone what I really think of them. I'm pretty sure I'm through with all the pretense and sweet nothings. Rise, devil in me, rise.

9. Watch Notting Hill a hundred more times.
It's my favorite movie of all times and I've watched it a thousand times and haven't got enough of it. Get me the DVD, someone!

10. Live a little.
I've spent most of 2013 being depressed about something or the other. It really is time to drop all the sob stories and live a little.
Live. Laugh. Love.

Every new year we make resolutions that are too godly to live up to. You probably quit smoking for a while but you can't really keep up with the pressure. Which is fine, really.
This new year, let's all resolve to make just one resolution and live by it forever. Be happy.
Your ultimate goal is happiness. So why take a detour? Take a direct hit. Be happy.
Live, laugh, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment