Monday 18 November 2013

Her.

Sai. Just three alphabets, yet, the name weighs tonnes.
As far back as my memory takes me, I remember her going out of her way to take care of me. Apparently. when I was a year old and she was three, she'd try to hold me in her arms and shush me like my mother did. Barely any taller than a potted plant, she nurtured her motherly instincts from the day I was born.
Over the years, we've fought like animals. Pulling hair, scratching, biting, punching, kicking, anything you can think of. But at the end of it, either of us would come crawling back and
apologize and we'd cry our eyes out and hug and make up.
She's always been the innocent one and I always had the mischievous streak. Every time I went "Saiii listen naa", her eyes would go wide and she'd say, "What's it this time?"
There's nobody that can understand me as well as she does. She'll disapprove of my choices, but she'll stick nevertheless.
We've always been told how strikingly similar we are. But what you see is just the outside. She's the person I can never be.
I've never seen a person so giving, so pure and pristine. If I can get myself to be half the human being she is, I'll consider myself lucky.
I've never seen her sit still. She's the world's fastest and most efficient multi-tasker. 
She's juggled TYBA, an exchange program with Germany, a French level with Alliance, and number of things I can't even remember.
She introduced me to Classic Literature. If it wasn't for her, I'd still be sitting in a corner reading Tinkle and Archie's. No kidding.
She's protected me from my parents every time I messed up. She'd yell and give me a piece of her mind later, but she'd never let anyone else scream at me.
My sister is my best friend on earth. I know I can fight with her and behave my worst, but she'll always have my back.
Today we've come to a point where the fragile, dainty little lady needs me to be her bodyguard cause she's so delicate. I'd do that for you for life, Saiyu.
It surprises a lot of people how close we are. Sometimes it surprises us too :P
There's so much I can say about her. SO much. I'll always fall short of words trying to tell you how much it is that I love you.
I love you to the moon and back, and yet a little more.
Wish you a very very happy 21st. Not that you look like it at all, not even close, but well, happy birthday anyway.
If there's anyone I'd take a bullet for, it's her. It'll always be her.

5 comments: