Monday 21 July 2014

The Pride and The Bridegroom

Girl and boy meet. Fall in love. Get married. Have kids. Live happily ever after. 
It's wonderful to trace this story line in the marvelous novels I indulge in. But real life is a little more complicated than that. A lot, maybe.

It's not exactly a foreign concept. You have either felt it yourself or seen it happen to someone else. Either way, it happens and extensively so.
If you managed to secure your happy ending the moment your stumbled across your happy beginning, you're one hell of a lucky woman. Hold on to it.

Blame the nerves or blame the pride, either way, you don't see him stepping down and giving up where he should. No, he gives up where he shouldn't. Unless he's Nathan Scott. 

The male domination that supposedly trailed away centuries ago has left behind traces in a man or two.
From what I hear, there's a theory that allows a man to have an extra marital affair and denies his spouse the right for the same. I don't have details on this theory because frankly, it seemed too horrific a statement and I'd hate to have it proven to me.

"Any man that flirts with you will be murdered in his bed." That coming from a guy who flits from flower to flower without having to pay nectar tax. Real smooth, no?

More than just once I've overheard a girl complaining about how he is 'behaving weird'. Heck, I've been that girl more times than I can remember.



I want some time off. 
I can't deal with you right now.
Leave me be for sometime, alright?
Why do I even do things for you?
Do what you want, just please don't annoy me.

There's barely ever any reasoning for these. Felt it, said it, got away with it.

If you have someone that you know will never leave your side, never leave theirs. One of the biggest mistakes we make these days is to take people for granted. We test their patience till they lose it all and if you're really late at scampering, you might just lose it all. And if that doesn't scare you, I don't know what can.

It's never too late to make someone feel loved. For there's a reason why some stay back and endure your 'weird' phase. Those who stay hold their ground for a reason, one that doesn't always make sense. But they're there. And that's what matters. That's what should matter.

So, swallow the pride or pass off on the bride.
The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment