Monday 23 September 2013

Hey, Soul Sister!

"In the end, it's the girlfriend's that stay", they say.
Well, I've had mine stick with me from the beginning, through the lows and well, she's been there forever.
If she finds out I've written about her on my blog, she'll just call me gay and desperate and hooked on to her for life. Well, in crude words, it really does boil down to that.
I don't know what I'd do without her. She's the one I turn to when I want to wrench my hair out of my head. If she didn't mean the life to me, I'd have had killed her long ago for her so called jokes that make you want to spend your allowance on a bottle of poison. No, seriously.
Which girl calls you and says, "Hey I might just be pregnant." really coolly and laughs for a minute while you've gotten like a thousand heart attacks and then says, "Eco fucked me."
If you laughed, die.

So you know, during the last year of your school you fill up slam books? She'd draw really ugly stick figures holding..well, sticks and write "Keep In Touch." Yeah, no. Not funny at all.

She's one person who can read through me like glass. I can put up a mask for the rest of the world but when it comes to her, I can dare to drop my defenses and cry like a baby for the lamest of reasons and I know I won't be judged.
Over the years, I've tried to write about her a number of times. Overload of content. Confusion. Shutting of laptop.
These six months were probably the worst months of my life. More often than not, I've cried myself to sleep and called her and droned about the same things over and over again. She's heard it all. For hours at times, offering the same support, same consolation and same strength every single time.
She's not just my best friend, she's my sister. My guide. My support system. My teacher. My rock.
I don't know what I'd do without you, Sampada. I really don't.

Hey Soul Sister,
You're the shizz. And I love you till the world's end.
Yes I really did that. In public. In a bookstore. In the romance section. Memories, 2010 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment